Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Space Portals forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How I define "religion" 2 years 7 months ago #785

How I define "religion":
A system of beliefs hardened into a dogma from which there is no allowed deviation.

It is based on Holy Books or personal interactions with beings not in 3D physical bodies.
It answers the questions:
Who created us?
What is our place in the world?
How do we interact with others?
What happens to us when we die?
Explanations for paranormal experiences.

There is a 'hero': A prophet, the writer of the holy books, the creator of their cult, a deity [usually not physically available]. As in someone to worship and/or someone to obey.

There are rules for behavior that may or may not make rational sense, and usually involve pecking order slavery and mind control.

This can be anything from the cult Children of God who trafficked their own children to Branch Davidians who castrated themselves to let their women have babies with their Prophet/Messiah.

The standard religions of Abrahamic origin are the main ones now, but in the past various forms of paganism worshiped The Old Gods in various ways stable over millennia.

Then there are the faiths based on the Hinduism > Buddhism > Transcendental Meditation.

And the religion of Alchemy is the ancient faith that New Age is a simplified version of. This is based on the writings of Hermes channeled over various times in ancient history [before V2K].

New Age also fits this definition. It has a set dogma that cannot be altered, it has prophets [channelers] and worships angels and Pleiadeans. It's dogma is to raise your vibe and shun those considered to be low vibe. It is also dogma to blame victims for their abuse, "because you agreed to it".

Any group that worships ETs of any kind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How I define "religion" 2 years 7 months ago #786

And my view is not off from the standard definition:
Religion - Wikipedia

How I define "religion" 2 years 7 months ago #787

A college/seminary textbook -- Varieties of Religious Experience by William Blake.
https ://csrs.nd.edu/assets/59930/williams_1902. pdf

Last edit: by PennyBradley.

How I define "religion" 2 years 7 months ago #795

Don't you guys get it? This is supposed to be a forum where veterans of these black ops discuss their memories. It's not supposed to be a "proselytize Penny with everyone else's religious beliefs".

IT IS INSULTING TO COME TO MY BUSINESS WEBSITE AND PUSH OTHER PEOPLE'S STUFF.
Do you do that at WalMart? The grocery store? Why do you think it's okay here?

Ian and I pay a lot of money to keep this site advert and cookie free, as a safe place for veterans to share.

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.573 seconds